They Call Her Blessed!


Enjoy the e-gallery of Betty Slade and her paintings of the "Women of the Wind Series". This collection of paintings are the impressionist Southwest women seen through the eyes of Proverbs. Also there will be added southwest landscapes and adobes.

Dedicated to My Son Stephen,
A Leader of men, a server of tables, and full of the Holy Spirit. My charge to you is that you lead with wisdom, serve with kindness and walk in the fullness of the Holy Spirit.
Then you will complete your name, Stephenos, a crowning glory.

My son, hear the instruction of your father, and do not forsake the law of your mother -- for they will be an ornament of grace on your head, and chains about your neck.

Proverbs 1:8,9

Many of the Proverbs and Wisdom have been written in the female voice. This is wisdom that King Solomon acquired sitting at the feet of his mother. Her endearing name for him was King Lemuel, and the utterance which his mother taught him is found in the Proverbs thirty-one Woman.

Lemuel means devoted to God. So is this group of paintings with words from the King and defined in the heart of the artist, Betty Slade

He concludes his proverbs with the portrait of the Proverbs thirty-one Woman. He recognizes the attributes of a godly woman; her beauty can not be compared but excels beyond the many daughters who have done well, and her husband and her children will call her blessed.

Friday, January 7, 2011

The Shepherd

I wisdom, you can test your heart by your actions. A man devoid of wisdom depises his neighbor, but a man of understanding holds his peace. 
The Shepherd

Gallery Tour, Wisdom is your tour guide - I painted this painting when my children were young. Many times when my children were in danger, I stayed close to the shepherd. I lead them on my knees. This is an oil painting and it was inspired out of the need of allowing the shepherd to break one of my lamb's legs and carry him close to his heart. I learned to walk very close to the shepherd during that time, I might have learned more than my lamb and maybe the lesson was for his mother.

Re-Stringing Pearls of Wisdom
My Son, Immediate justice is not always the right way or wisdom. Survey the situation, if there is an offense, pray for our neighbor, then you will gain understanding. He hurts himself more than he does anyone else. Be slow to act and fast to forgive.

His enemy is within himself. He needs your help. Pray for him, he isn't able to do it for himself.

Words Solomon learned at his mother's knee.

Proverbs 11:12-15
He who is devoid of wisdom despises his neighbor, but a man of understanding holds his peace. A talebearer reveals secrets, but he who is of a faithful spirit conceals a matter. Where there is no counsel, the people fall, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety. He who is suety for a stranger will suffer, but one who hates being surety is secure.

No comments:

Post a Comment