They Call Her Blessed!


Enjoy the e-gallery of Betty Slade and her paintings of the "Women of the Wind Series". This collection of paintings are the impressionist Southwest women seen through the eyes of Proverbs. Also there will be added southwest landscapes and adobes.

Dedicated to My Son Stephen,
A Leader of men, a server of tables, and full of the Holy Spirit. My charge to you is that you lead with wisdom, serve with kindness and walk in the fullness of the Holy Spirit.
Then you will complete your name, Stephenos, a crowning glory.

My son, hear the instruction of your father, and do not forsake the law of your mother -- for they will be an ornament of grace on your head, and chains about your neck.

Proverbs 1:8,9

Many of the Proverbs and Wisdom have been written in the female voice. This is wisdom that King Solomon acquired sitting at the feet of his mother. Her endearing name for him was King Lemuel, and the utterance which his mother taught him is found in the Proverbs thirty-one Woman.

Lemuel means devoted to God. So is this group of paintings with words from the King and defined in the heart of the artist, Betty Slade

He concludes his proverbs with the portrait of the Proverbs thirty-one Woman. He recognizes the attributes of a godly woman; her beauty can not be compared but excels beyond the many daughters who have done well, and her husband and her children will call her blessed.

Friday, December 17, 2010

Nightly Walks

My name is Wisdom, I hear your nightly cries. I come to you softly in the night hours and speak to you. I call to you, I am the way, follow me.

I Wisdom, have built my house, I have hewn out seven pillars, a place of completion. I have furnished your table with meat and wine. I have cried out to you in the highest places of the city.

"Whoever is simple, let him turn in here! and if you lack understanding, come and eat of my bread and drink of my wine that I have prepared. Forsake foolishness and live and go in the way of understanding."

Nightly Walks

Gallery Tour: "Night Walks" is the next painting on our tour. There is a cross hidden in the upper right hand corner. The bushes lead the eye to the door. The maiden is looking either at the door or the Cross. Each is the pathway to the Kingdom.

The Voice of Wisdom comes in the night hours, She brings words to live by, "Man can not live by bread alone but every word that proceeds from the mouth of God" Matthew 4:4 Even in the night blackness, I see you. There is no darkness in Me, There is no shadow of turning. I bring Light from the Father of Lights.

Re-Stringing Pearls of Wisdom

My Son, You are a man of understanding. It has not come easy, you have walked through many trials in order to have understanding. Wisdom has given you an unique persception of things. Trust the voice within you, She calls to you, she has already furnished your house and have put bread and wine upon your table. Drink of the Heavenly Wine and trust the Divine Bread. They will be your food and your light to walk in the path. You will lead people in understanding. Wisdom cries to you in the night, Fear in the Lord, and gain understanding.


Words from Solomon who learned from His Mother:
"Wisdom has built her house, she has hewn out her seven pillars; She has slaughtered her meat, She has mixed her wine, She has also furnished her table. She has sent out her maidens, She cries out from the highest places of the city, 'whoever is simple, let him turn in here!' As for him who lacks understanding, she says to him, 'Come, eat of my bread and drink of the wine I have mixed, forsake foolishness and live and go in the way of understanding." Proverbs 9:1-6

No comments:

Post a Comment