They Call Her Blessed!


Enjoy the e-gallery of Betty Slade and her paintings of the "Women of the Wind Series". This collection of paintings are the impressionist Southwest women seen through the eyes of Proverbs. Also there will be added southwest landscapes and adobes.

Dedicated to My Son Stephen,
A Leader of men, a server of tables, and full of the Holy Spirit. My charge to you is that you lead with wisdom, serve with kindness and walk in the fullness of the Holy Spirit.
Then you will complete your name, Stephenos, a crowning glory.

My son, hear the instruction of your father, and do not forsake the law of your mother -- for they will be an ornament of grace on your head, and chains about your neck.

Proverbs 1:8,9

Many of the Proverbs and Wisdom have been written in the female voice. This is wisdom that King Solomon acquired sitting at the feet of his mother. Her endearing name for him was King Lemuel, and the utterance which his mother taught him is found in the Proverbs thirty-one Woman.

Lemuel means devoted to God. So is this group of paintings with words from the King and defined in the heart of the artist, Betty Slade

He concludes his proverbs with the portrait of the Proverbs thirty-one Woman. He recognizes the attributes of a godly woman; her beauty can not be compared but excels beyond the many daughters who have done well, and her husband and her children will call her blessed.

Friday, December 24, 2010

Slacking the Soul

I, Wisdom, cry out to you, I lift my voice. I stand on the high hill, I cry to the simple ones, and the fools, "Listen, I will speak of excellent things, and from the opening of my lips will come right things, for my mouth will speak truth."

Slacking the Soul



Gallery Tour: "Slacking the Soul" is the next painting on our tour. This is one of those that is barely there. That is what makes this one delightful. This watercolor uses the white to speak.

Re-Stringing Pearls!
My Son, wisdom cries out where ever you are or where ever you go. It is that small voice within you that nudges you to see and hear truth with your spiritual eyes and ears. Listen to Wisdom cry, she will speak excellent things, for her mouth will speak truth.

As a leader of many, you need the wisdom that she will give to you. You must judge things, not by sight but what isn't seen. In doing so, your team will know excellent things and will come to truth. The leader must possess this quality for your team to experience it. You have an excellent opportunity to keep the simple from stumbling or the foolish from falling. You have an awesome responsibility. God be with you on this journey you hav embarked. Love, Mother


Words from the Lips of Solomon which he learned from his mother:
Proverbs 8:-1-6 "Does not wisdom cry out, and understanding lift up her voice? She takes her stand on the top of the high hill. Beside the way, where the paths meet. She cries out by the gates, at the entry of the city, At the entrance of the doors: To, O men, I call, and my voice is to the sons of men.  O you simple ones, understand prudence, and you fools, be of an understanding heart. Listen, I will speak of excellent things, and from the opening of my lips will come right things; For my mouth will speak truth."

No comments:

Post a Comment